Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Deer Hunt!!

So I really really hate putting pictures of me on here but I figured that I would post this one of the deer I shot this year. It is a 4 by 3 and is 17 1/2 inches wide. I shot it from 232 yards away with ONE shot!! At first I wasn't sure if I hit it, I saw it jump when I shot but I wasn't sure if I just scared it or if I really did hit it, so we waited for a few minutes and hiked over to where I shot it, and we didn't see and blood so I figured I had missed it, but Josh insisted that we follow where we thought he ran, and about 40 yards over the ridge Josh happened to see some blood on a leaf so we followed the trail, even though it was very little blood, we decided to sit and wait for awhile to see if it would just lay down somewhere and die, instead of tracking it all over the mountain, so we sat for about fourty minutes, decide to get up and see if we could find it, and sure enough it was only about 15 feet from where we sat and waited for 40 minutes, we just couldn't see it from where we were sitting!!! I was really excited that I shot it with one bullet!!

3 comments:

RebeccaVert said...

AWESOME Mandi!! Way to go...thats One nice looking Buck!!!!

Danielle Christiansen said...

Congrats! that is awesome! looks like a nice deer. Just heard from Scott guess he got a really nice one. Proud of you girl.

kari b. said...

dang mountain woman!! im impressed! ..i come from a family of hunters and i could never do that.