Wednesday, May 28, 2008

M'Tali 1st Track Meet

This is M'Tali first time participating in the Hershey 100 track meet. She joined the after school track club at her school and they trained two days a week and got them ready for this track meet, she had alot of fun and wants to take up track as a hobby now, she is so athletic, if she sticks with it she could be such a great athlete. I just want to tell her how proud I am of her, she didn't win first in any of the three event she participated but she never gave up and tried her best, good job M'Tali I am so proud of you!!! This is M'Tali hanging out with her friends before the meet started. Lining up for the 50 meter yard dash. She came in sixth place

Throwing the ball for the softball throw. You had to compete in three events, two had to be track and one had to be a field event, she wanted to do the softball throw instead of the standing long jump. We don't know what place she took because we left before they had it posted but if she received a ribbon they will mail it to us so we will let you know how she did when we find out. Running the 100 meter yard dash, she came in last place but did really good. I would never even think about doing this, she makes me so proud. Way to NOT give up M'Tali!! Keep it up and you can achieve your goals.(Look at those long legs)
Throwing the softball, I think she did really good but I'm a little prejudice:)
M'Tali, me and dad want you now how proud we are of you, we know that you stuggle with certain things in life but you never give up no matter what. You always stick with it and give it your ALL, you are such a wonderful example to me. You teach me that things might not always go the way I want them but it doesn't mean you give up, you keep going and thing WILL work out and be ok. I just want to thank you for being the person you are. Keep being YOU and never change the person you are on the inside. We love you so much and are so proud of all you have accomplished. Love mom and dad.

4 comments:

RebeccaVert said...

Way to go M'tali!!!! Uncle tanner and I are so very proud to have you as our niece!!! Cant wait to see how far you go in your Athletic abilities!! Maybe you can earn your mom and dad lots of money!!!

Thats awesome Mandi! i can see why your so proud! keep up the great encouragement with her....we can see her going far with her abilities!

RebeccaVert said...

Oh and sorry we couldn't make it....Kaydee's practices got changed to Wednesdays and it overlapped M'tali's meet...... Hopefully we can make the next one! Kaydee really wanted to be there! she wanted to skip practice to go, but she missed the week before due to rain.

Anyways sorry again! If your interested...the kids' games are on Saturday!!

Danielle Christiansen said...

WOW! great job M'tali! I do not think I could even run to the end of the driveway. j/k.

missy said...

Thats awesome!!! I bet she loves it. Keep the kids active, that what we are trying to do with ours. She is such a cutie!